Nowadays, you can learn almost anything online, including playing piano. Here we are sharing some of the best online piano lessons. In addition to the Best Piano Lessons on YouTube, we are exploring more resources in this article.
Overall, learning piano online can be a great option for those looking to learn the piano flexibly and cost-effectively. A wide range of resources and teaching styles are available to choose from.
If you are seeking information about the best piano lessons, read on…
Benefits of Online Piano Lessons
Learning to play the piano can offer a range of physical, cognitive, emotional, and social benefits, making it a rewarding and enjoyable pursuit for many people.
Online learning has become increasingly popular in recent years, and there are many benefits of online piano lessons:
- Flexibility – Online piano lessons can be taken anytime and anywhere with an internet connection. This flexibility allows for greater convenience and the ability to fit lessons into a busy schedule.
- Cost-effective – Online lessons can be more cost-effective than traditional in-person lessons. This is because online lessons can be done from home, eliminating the need for travel expenses and other associated costs.
- Access to resources – Many online piano lesson platforms offer a range of resources. They include instructional videos, sheet music, and practice exercises. This can help learners to progress more quickly and effectively than they would with only in-person lessons.
- Variety of options – There are many different online piano lesson platforms and teachers to choose from. Each program has its unique teaching style and approach. This variety allows learners to find the best fit for their learning styles and goals.
Let’s take a closer look at the seven best online piano lessons. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments.
7 Best Online Piano Lessons (In No Special Order)
Choosing the best online piano lesson for you can depend on a few factors, including your skill level, learning style, individual objectives, and personal preferences. The most important point is to choose the one that best suits you.
PianoForAll is an online piano lesson program that has gained popularity rapidly. It is a comprehensive course for beginners and intermediate players. Moreover, it promises to teach students how to play piano quickly and easily. The course includes 200 video lessons, 500 audio lessons, and 10 eBooks, covering a range of styles from pop and rock to blues and jazz.
One of the unique features of PianoForAll is its rhythm-style piano teaching. This is the same way people learn rhythm guitar. They learn chords and how to ‘strum’ a rhythm and sing along over the top. Rhythm-style piano works the same way. It lets you sound reasonably competent immediately, and you learn all about chords and how to use both hands together.
Overall, PianoForAll is a popular and affordable option for those who want to learn how to play the piano. However, it’s worth noting that it uses different teaching methods. They may not be as structured in a traditional way as some of the other online piano lesson programs. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for a comprehensive course covering a range of styles and focusing on playing by ear, PianoForAll will be a good choice. Check out our detailed review of PianoForAll.
Flowkey is an online piano learning platform that offers a range of lessons for learners from beginners to seasoned pianists. The platform uses interactive technology to provide engaging and effective piano lessons that allow learners to progress at their own pace.
One of the standout features of Flowkey is its comprehensive library of over 1,500 songs, which includes popular hits and classical pieces. The platform also offers music theory, sight-reading, and ear training lessons, making it a well-rounded piano learning resource.
Flowkey’s user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. The platform provides instant feedback on the learner’s performance, which helps to reinforce good playing habits. Additionally, the platform is available on multiple devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones. The ability to use versatile devices makes it accessible to learners wherever they are.
Flowkey is an excellent piano learning platform providing a fun and engaging learning experience. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced pianist, Flowkey has something to offer, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to improve their piano playing skills.
3. Playground Sessions
Playground Sessions is an interactive piano learning program designed for learners of all ages and skill levels. The program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers everything from basic music theory and notes reading to more advanced techniques and styles of playing.
One of the remarkable features of Playground Sessions is its use of popular music to teach piano skills. The program has an extensive library of songs from different genres, which helps learners stay motivated and engaged while they learn.
Another notable feature is its technology. The program’s software includes real-time feedback on the learner’s playing, which helps them identify areas that need improvement and track their progress over time. Additionally, the program offers interactive video lessons with world-renowned pianist Harry Connick Jr., which adds a personal touch to the learning experience.
In short, Playground Sessions is an excellent piano learning program that offers a fun and engaging way to learn how to play the piano. Its use of technology, popular music, and interactive lessons make it an ideal choice for beginners and intermediate players looking to improve their skills. However, it may not be the best choice for advanced pianists seeking more specialized training.
4. Playing Piano with Chords
Playing Piano with Chords is a piano learning program that teaches students how to play the piano using chords rather than traditional sheet music. The program is suitable for beginner to intermediate piano players, and it is particularly useful for those who want to play popular songs quickly without having to spend years learning to read music.
Here are some key features of the Playing Piano with Chords program:
- Chord-based approach: The program teaches students how to play piano using chords, which are groups of notes played together. This approach allows students to learn how to play popular songs quickly and helps them understand the underlying structure of music.
- Interactive lessons: The lessons are delivered in a multimedia format, including video tutorials, audio tracks, and PDF guides. The program also includes interactive practice tools to help students develop their skills.
- Variety of music styles: Playing Piano with Chords covers a wide range of music styles, from pop and rock to jazz and blues, so students can learn to play the type of music they enjoy.
- Practical exercises: The program includes a variety of practical exercises to help students develop their chord-playing skills, including rhythm exercises, finger exercises, and chord progressions.
- Improvisation and creativity: The lessons encourage students to experiment with their musical ideas and improvise using the chords they have learned.
The teaching style of Playing Piano with Chords focuses on practical application and hands-on learning. It is designed to be accessible to students of all skill levels, including beginners with little or no prior experience with piano playing or music theory.
The program emphasizes a chord-based approach to piano playing, which means that students learn to play popular songs by understanding and playing chords rather than reading traditional sheet music. This approach is more accessible and intuitive for many students, allowing them to start playing music quickly.
In summary, Playing Piano with Chords is focused on making piano playing pleasant for students of all skill levels. It is suitable for anyone who wants to learn how to play popular songs quickly, and it is particularly useful for those who do not have a background in reading sheet music.
5. Piano in 21 Days
Piano in 21 Days is designed for beginners who want to learn how to play piano quickly and efficiently. The program claims to teach students how to play popular songs on the piano in just 21 days without requiring any prior musical knowledge or experience.
One of the program’s focal points is teaching students to play by ear and use patterns rather than traditional sheet music. This approach appeals to those who find traditional music notation intimidating or confusing.
While individual experiences may vary, Piano in 21 Days is a solid option for those looking to learn piano quickly and without traditional music notation. It is a well-regarded program by many people who have used it.
6. Piano Marvel
Piano Marvel is a comprehensive piano learning software. It offers a variety of features to help students of all levels improve their skills. It offers a large library of sheet music from beginner to advanced levels and provides personalized lesson plans based on individual progress and goals.
One of the key features of Piano Marvel is its gamification elements, which make learning piano more engaging and fun. The program uses a point system and progress tracking to motivate students to practice regularly and improve their skills.
Piano Marvel also provides real-time feedback on playing accuracy and timing, which helps students identify areas of improvement and make adjustments as needed. Additionally, the program offers a range of instructional videos and practice exercises to help students learn and refine specific techniques.
Overall, Piano Marvel is a well-designed and effective piano learning tool for students of all levels. The program is very popular. Piano Marvel offers paid membership for individuals and groups.
7. Rocket Piano
Rocket Piano is a multimedia piano learning program. It is oriented to teach anyone how to play the piano, from beginners to intermediate players. The program includes a series of lessons in the form of video tutorials, audio tracks, and ebooks that are accessible through an online membership area.
Here are some key features of the Rocket Piano program:
- Interactive lessons: The lessons in Rocket Piano are interactive and engaging, with video demonstrations, audio examples, and diagrams to help students understand concepts.
- Step-by-step approach: The program is designed to take students from the basics of playing piano, such as learning the notes and scales, to playing more advanced pieces of music.
- Varied music styles: The program covers a range of musical styles, from classical to pop, jazz, and blues, so that students can learn to play the type of music they enjoy.
- Practice routines: Rocket Piano provides students with practice routines tailored to their ability level, helping them build their skills and confidence.
- Additional resources: Besides the main lessons, the program includes bonus materials such as a metronome, a virtual piano, and software for ear training and sight-reading.
The Rocket Piano program utilizes a step-by-step approach to teaching piano. It is designed to help students learn at their own pace. The program’s teaching style is based on the principle of “modular learning,” meaning that students learn in small, manageable chunks, gradually building their skills and knowledge over time.
The program is also very interactive, focusing on the practical application of the concepts being taught. Students are encouraged to practice regularly, with the program providing exercises and practice routines tailored to their ability level.
In addition to the traditional piano learning approach, Rocket Piano emphasizes the importance of ear training and improvisation. This means that students are taught to listen to and play by ear. In addition to reading sheet music, students are encouraged to experiment with their musical ideas and styles.
Overall, the Rocket Piano program is a comprehensive and interactive approach to learning the piano. It is accessible and engaging for learners of all levels and learning styles. The program focuses on building a strong foundation of piano playing skills that can be applied in various musical contexts.
These were the best online piano lessons. As with any learning program, it’s important to do your research. Reading reviews from multiple sources is a good way to go before deciding.
Each lesson program offers a different approach to learning the piano, so it’s worth trying out a few to see which works best for you. Many offer a free trial period or sample lessons. Try them out before you commit to a membership or purchase a full set.
We certainly hope that this article will lead you down the path to possibly a very rewarding piano learning experience. Just like learning anything new, consistent practice is the success ingredient. With suitable piano lessons and diligent work, nothing can stop you from reaching a new high note in piano playing.